Changzhou is launching the China-Israel International Cooperation“Open Competition” Program (hereinafter China-Israel “Open Competition” Program) tovigorously implement the “532” development strategy, accelerate efforts to build an “internationalized smart manufacturing city and a pivotal hub in the Yangtze River Delta”,harness the leading role of the China-Israel Changzhou Innovation Park (CICP) as a “landmark project”,promote cooperation for technological innovation between Changzhou and Israel, and attract the best Israeli innovators. In accordance with the Notice on Soliciting Major Technological Demands for the 2023 China-Israel International Cooperation “Open Competition” Program of Changzhou City(Chang Ke Fa  No. 68), the List of Major Technological Demands for the 2023 China-Israel International Cooperation “Open Competition” Program of Changzhou City is hereby released to attract candidates from Israel. The details are as follows:
I. Target Projects
A total of eight projects of major technological demands are released under the Changzhou-Israel “Open Competition” Program (see Annex 1 for details), and the announcement period will end at 17:00 on October 27, 2023 (UTC+8).
II. Project Requirements
Candidates must be an entity registered in Israel with strong R&D capabilities. This includes universities, research institutes, technology-focused companies, and innovation consortia. Candidates must also meet the following conditions:
1. Candidates should have strong R&D capabilities, uphold sound research ethics and social integrity, and be able to propose feasible solutions to meet one or more major technological demands.
2. Candidates and project initiators must not be branches of the same corporation inside or outside China, nor should they be otherwise affiliated with each other (e.g., parent-subsidiary).
3. Project initiators and candidates should follow the laws and regulations of their respective countries or regions in the course of collaboration.
4. The cooperation agreement between project initiators and candidatesshould be meticulously drafted, specify the roles and responsibilities of the parties, and include a special clause on intellectual property. The cooperation agreement must be signed by authorized signatories of both parties (or individuals authorized by the authorized signatories) or bear the official seals of the entities. The names, affiliations, departments, and positions of the signatories should also be clearly stated. For non-Chinese cooperation agreements, a Chinese translation should be provided, with discrepancies resolved in favor of the Chinese version.
III. Application Procedures
1. Application materials:During the announcement period, eligible Israeli candidates may submit application materials at any time. Late submissions will not be accepted. All application materials must include a Chinese translation, and any discrepancies will be resolved in favor of the Chinese version.
2. Material submission:Candidates are required to submit their application materials electronically (Microsoft Word documents and their scanned copies with official seals) to the Changzhou Science and Technology Resources Coordination Service Center via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Engagement:During the announcement period, the Changzhou Municipal Bureau of Science and Technology will facilitate in-depth engagements between project initiators and candidates to help candidates further refine their research proposals through extensive negotiations.
4. Announcement:Within one month from the expiration of the announcement period, the project initiators will indicate their cooperation intentions for each candidate and confirm the tentative shortlist. The tentative shortlist will be publicly disclosed by the Changzhou Municipal Bureau of Science and Technology on its official website (http://kjj.changzhou.gov.cn/). Following the announcement, project initiators and candidates will enter into formal contracts, provided that no objections are raised during the public disclosure.
IV. Contact Information
Contact: TENG Yiwan, Service Division of the Changzhou Science and Technology Resources Coordination Service Center; Tel: +86-519-88101380; E-mail: email@example.com.
JING suohong, China Israel Changzhou Innovation Park; Tel: +86-13813662822; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Annex: 1) List of Major Technological Demands for the 2023 China-Israel International Cooperation “Open Competition” Program of Changzhou City
2) Information Form of International Candidates and Solutions
Changzhou Science and Technology Bureau CICP AdministrativeCommittee
September 22, 2023
|No.||Initiator||Technological demand||Budget||Specific demands||Key technological indicators|
|1||Chang'an Urban Public Safety Technology Co., Ltd.||R&D of key sensing and monitoring devices for urban scenarios including pipe networks, roads, bridges, and buildings||RMB 3,000,000||The concept of urban lifelines was first proposed in 2021. In the Notice on Adjusting the Members of the Leading Group for the Promotion of Urban Lifeline Projects in Jiangsu Province (Su Zheng Chuan Fa  No. 109), the General Office of Jiangsu Provincial Government called for the acceleration of urban lifeline projects across the province.
Urban lifeline projects involve critical areas such as buildings, roads, bridges, gas, water supply, drainage, and pipelines. They require the extensive use of Internet of Things (IoT) sensing devices in various construction scenarios.
The project focuses on non-contact measurement sensor devices targeting large-scale structures, encompassing scenarios that include bridges, buildings, pipelines, and slopes. Specifically, we will target the non-contact measurement of large structures and the study of advanced sensing technology and equipment.
-Non-contact technology includes, but is not limited to, image recognition and millimeter-wave radar.
-The solution should be able to monitor deformations or displacements at multiple points simultaneously in 2D surfaces or 3D structures.
-The solution should achieve sub-millimeter accuracy.
-The solution should feature resistance to external interferences and exhibit robust stability.
-Complementary edge algorithms for vibration monitoring based on displacement changes in the monitored objects undergoing rapid deformations are a plus.
|1. The non-contact sensing device should achieve sub-millimeter accuracy in measuring deformation under long-distance scenarios (greater than 100 meters).
2. The impact of environmental factors on sensing accuracy should be less than 5%.
3. Candidates should have at least three inventions patentable domestically and one invention patentable internationally.
4. Candidates should be able to fully commercialize their research outcomes, with at least two successful use cases beyond laboratory settings.
|2||Pro & Will Technology (Changzhou) Co., Ltd.||R&D of a syringe prefilling technology without tip contact||RMB 1,000,000||Foreign prefilling equipment comes with long delivery cycles, ranging from 24 to 36 months, high costs, typically between 2 to 3 million euros per unit, and expensive and untimely after-sales services. The latest trend indicates that China’s prefilling equipment heavily relies on overseas imports. Meanwhile, the abovementioned flaws of imported equipment have hindered the development of the country’s prefilling industry. As a result, prefilled syringes produced domestically cannot meet current market demands. Prefilled syringes for injectable drugs have been in the Chinese market for nearly 30 years, yet most of the production equipment is still mostly imported. At the moment, we are the first Chinese company to successfully develop and mass-produce syringe prefilling equipment. At present, the needle loading process at home and abroad is semi-automatic and manual, and there is no complete automation in the needle loading process.
The project focuses on making sure that the fixture will contact the needle tip throughout the needle installation process, i.e., a contamination-free process is required. Additionally, we aim to prevent friction between the needle and the loading box to avoid any damage to the needle. And in the process to avoid friction between the needle and the loading box, so as to avoid the needle injury. To be made in accordance with national standards.
|1.the needle must be made of food-grade materials that are not easy to wear and damage the injection needle.Need to work in the environment of class 100,000 clean workshop;
2. In the continuous normal working state, the needle loading speed is required to be ≤1.5s per needle, and the needle needs to be fully inspected one by one. The inspection range includes sharp edges, sharp needle tips, bruises and burrs, and unqualified products need to be automatically rejected.
3.In the continuous normal working state, the repeat positioning accuracy range of the needle-taking mechanism is required to be ±0.03mm, the error range of the needle insertion depth accuracy is ±0.1mm, and the angle error range of the fish mouth of the syringe and the injection needle is ±1°.
4. Do not touch the tip of the needle during the whole process of inserting the needle. Ensure that the injection needle and the syringe are relatively fixed before the filling and gluing of the needle is completely solidified.
5. During the needle loading process, record the relevant data such as the movement process and inspection results, including but not limited to needle loading speed, yield rate, positioning accuracy, needle insertion accuracy, angle error, etc. The total data types do not exceed 20 types, and the recorded data can be uploaded to designated server.
6.The developed non-contact needle tip loading module is required to provide software and hardware interfaces for accessing the needle loading equipment, which can be IO status signals or common industrial bus signals.
|3||Meimei Sutures Medtec Co., Ltd.||R&D of key technologies for absorbable barbed sutures||USD 150,000||In recent years, China has witnessed an annual increase of approximately 15% in the demand for medical sutures, with a market size of around RMB 12 billion. In particular, absorbable sutures constitute approximately 75% of the total usage of all medical sutures. At present，developed countries in the west have shifted their focus to developing high-tech and high-quality medical absorbable protein sutures, and China still lags behind in this area.
In China, the manufacturing of absorbable protein sutures remains an emerging industry, with many new technologies in the experimental stage. For years, the suture market in China has been dominated by giants like Ethicon (Johnson & Johnson), Medtronic, B. Braun, and Kono Seisakusho. Ethicon alone held a market share of around 50%. While foreign products are of high quality, they are often expensive, which is not favorable for patients.
In a market dominated by foreign products and brands, domestic players must address key issues including the domestication of raw materials for absorbable sutures, the adjustment of the degradation rate of absorbable sutures, the industrial production of homogeneous sutures, and the development of functional sutures.
The project aims to develop technological solutions that can be used to develop absorbable barbed sutures to meet clinical demands and ensure safety in suspension surgeries.
|1. The suture diameter of the designed suture structure should meet industry requirements (USP 4-0/3-0/2-0/0/1/2).
2. The barb design should avoid existing patented barbed sutures and fishbone stitch structures and acquire a design patent.
3. The suture should exceed the tissue-holding requirements of existing products with the same thread diameter.
4. Candidates are required to provide a production scheme or plan for the barbed suture (including, but not limited to, the processing techniques of existing barbed sutures). For the purpose of feasibility verification, documents including process flowcharts, specific materials used, and equipment selection should also be submitted.
5. The designed suture structure should meet the following breaking strength criteria:
7. The tissue-holding strength should be maintained at over 50% of the original figure within two weeks.
8. The designed structure should align with industry requirements and offer convenience for processing.
|4||Jiangsu Liyue Agriculture Technology Development Co., Ltd.||R&D of key technologies for the smart high-density farming of Micropterus Salmoides (largemouth bass)||RMB 2,000,000||In our current process of using land-based circular tanks for high-density aquaculture, issues such as the lack of automation and intelligence in feed addition, water quality monitoring, and water circulation have led to problems including high labor costs. To address these issues, we intend to develop key technologies for smart high-density farming of Micropterus Salmoides (largemouth bass).
1. High-precision feeding technology
Building on our technology for the high-density farming of Micropterus Salmoides with land-based circular tanks and circulating water, the project aims to study the feeding behavior of fish, design optimal feeding models, and develop a smart decision-making feeding system to achieve high-precision feeding.
2. Smart water quality monitoring
The project features the development of a smart online monitoring platform for water quality parameters such as dissolved oxygen, ammonia nitrogen (NH4+-N), nitrite, and pH in the water used for aquaculture.
3. Utilization of fish waste/bio-sludge:
We aim to develop a biological method for the treatment of fish waste and the aerobic composting of tailwater sludge to prepare organic bio-fertilizers, thereby promoting green, sustainable development.
|1. High-precision feeding: Candidates should achieve a feed conversion ratio (feed/weight gain) of less than 1.1.
2. Online water quality monitoring: Candidates should maintain an error of not more than 5% in monitoring water quality parameters and achieve timely alerts upon reaching safety thresholds, with a time error of ±5 minutes.
3. Composting period: Candidates should keep the composting cycle within 15 days and produce bio-organic fertilizers meeting industry standard NY 884-2012.
4. Patent: Candidates should formulate key technologies and processes for smart aquaculture and intelligent resource recovery from aquaculture waste, with four to six invention patents.
|5||Changzhou Weizhuo Shengda Medical Technology Development Co., Ltd.||R&D of a next-generation smart flexible orthopedic surgical power tool||RMB 2,000,000||The development of the new generation of intelligent flexible power tools for orthopedic surgery has gradually evolved from grinding drills, fixed bending grinding drills, and variable bending grinding drills. At present, domestic variable bending grinding drills are still in the stage of manual bending and spring mechanical bending. With the application of variable bending drills in clinical practice, doctors have found that there are still many complex areas that cannot be reached by drills, making it impossible to perform bone cutting surgery.
A new generation of intelligent orthopedic surgery overall solution, which includes artificial intelligence image processing, real-time visualization navigation during surgery, and intelligent flexible power tools, forming a closed-loop system. The "new generation of intelligent flexible power tools for orthopedic surgery" refers to those with certain bending capabilities, which allow them to operate in narrow spaces through their flexible rod-shaped structure. After bending, they return to their original state, and are controlled by micro motors to achieve free control, high torque, and low temperature rise. Suitable for surgeries that require bone cutting in complex or difficult to reach areas.
2) Peak torque ＞ 150mNm
3) Continuous locked rotor torque>9 mNm
4) Rated power 60W~100W
5) Motor diameter<15mm
6) Whole machine diameter ＜ 80mm
7) Overall weight<130g
|6||Bonecube Biomed Co.,Ltd.||R&D of a vacuum preparation and infusion system for PMMA bone cement||USD 250,000||In China, about 90 million patients suffer from osteoporosis, with a 60% probability of osteoporosis in individuals over 60 years old. According to the National Bureau of Statistics, as of 2018, over 180 million Chinese citizens are aged 65 and above. As the aging problem worsens, the figure is expected to grow in the future. Vertebral compression fractures caused by osteoporosis have become a major threat. The emergence of new types of minimally invasive spinal surgeries, which can effectively stabilize vertebral bodies and quickly restore vertebral strength, has shown remarkable efficacy. Currently, conventional surgeries heavily rely on spinal bone cement materials. Furthermore, China’s production of spinal bone cement and vacuum preparation infusion systems remains in its infancy, and the domestic market depends on imports (e.g., Heraeus). Given that the market is dominated by expensive foreign products, there is a need for the development of an all-in-one dual-component system for the vacuum preparation and infusion of bone cement.
Spinal bone cement consists of two components, liquid and powder. In clinical practices, the liquid and powder need to be mixed, then injected into a push rod using a syringe, and finally injected into the human spine based on imaging. As the process is rather complex, an innovative in-operation dual-component vacuum preparation and infusion system for producing bone cement will provide great convenience for clinical practices.
This list studies a system for spinal bone cement to be directly injected into the human body after vacuum mixing. The main contents of the research are:
1. Ensure easy clinical operation and realize the integration of vacuum mixing and perfusion.
2. Ensure the seal is pressure-resistant and heat-resistant, and isolates the bubbles and trace amounts of toxic gases generated when the bone cement solution is mixed.
3. Achieve simple and smooth infusion of bone cement into the human body.
Generally speaking: This is a vacuum mixing and perfusion system. It is difficult to design and there are many factors to consider. However, it must meet the requirements of simple clinical operation and medical equipment. Therefore, it is necessary to jointly develop this vacuum mixing and perfusion system with the clinic.
|1. Customize and develop according to the working characteristic curve of spinal bone cement. The vacuum mixing time for rapid mixing of powder and liquid should not exceed 1 minute; the perfusion time should exceed 8 minutes.
2. Ensure the seal is pressure-resistant and heat-resistant, and isolates the bubbles and trace amounts of toxic gases generated when the bone cement solution is mixed.
3. After the bone cement reaches the injection conditions, continuous and quantitative injection can be achieved.
4. The vacuum stirring and perfusion system is an integrated design that meets the requirements of simple clinical operation. Compared with traditional surgery, the time is shortened by about half.
5. Materials in contact with bone cement or the human body should have good biocompatibility and should meet biological evaluation requirements or comply with relevant national/industry standard requirements. For example, medical polypropylene materials should comply with the requirements of YY/T 0242-2007, Medical stainless steel materials should comply with the requirements of YY/T 0294.1-2016 or GB 4234-2003.
6. The vacuum preparation and perfusion system needs to be a patented design, and a full set of technical documents required for the patent can be provided. The ownership of the patented design belongs Bonecube Biomed Co.,Ltd.
7. The parts in contact with the mixed raw materials must be inert to the liquid and must not have any compatibility reaction.
8. The maximum temperature it can withstand is 120°C, and the material cannot be deformed.
9. Sterilization by ethylene oxide（EO） must comply with the requirements of the GB 18279 "Ethylene oxide sterilization of medical and health care products" series of standards and GB 16886.7-2015 "Biological Evaluation of Medical Devices Part 7: Ethylene Oxide Sterilization" "Bacteria Residue Quantity" requirements.
10. The stainless steel needle tube for injection should comply with the relevant requirements of GB/T 18457-2015 "Stainless Steel Needle Tubes for the Manufacturing of Medical Machinery".
|7||HY-LINK TECH||R&D of a high-precision nanochip for sensing
multicomponent gas mixtures containing hydrogen and a cloud-monitoring big data platform based on the chip
|RMB 1,000,000||As the crisis of traditional energy looms in China and beyond, coupled with a growing emphasis on environmental protection, the era of hydrogen energy is fast approaching. It is estimated that by 2025, Chinese industries will require more than 60 million tons of hydrogen gas. With the gradual improvement of hydrogen infrastructure (e.g., hydrogen refueling stations and hydrogen pipelines) and the decrease in costs enabled by technological advancements, hydrogen energy is poised for exponential growth in transportation and civilian applications. The popularization of hydrogen applications and the emphasis on hydrogen safety have also created market opportunities for hydrogen gas sensors. According to forecasts by overseas agencies, as the hydrogen energy industry grows, 10 sensors per megawatt of hydrogen will be needed in production; 100 sensors per megawatt will be needed in distribution; 500 sensors per megawatt will be needed in large-scale civilian utilization. The vast market demand calls for high-performance, compact, and high-precision hydrogen gas sensors and sensor chips. Such chips will transmit signals in large quantities to a big data platform, enabling the accurate management of hydrogen energy equipment and facilities through data analysis, monitoring, and prediction. This, in turn, will improve equipment utilization, reduce hydrogen emissions and leaks, and enhance the safety of hydrogen energy applications.
To achieve the above objectives, we plan to collaborate with research institutes in China and elsewhere to jointly develop hydrogen gas sensor chips that meet the following functional and technical requirements:
1. The chip should be significantly smaller than those with common market dimensions, i.e., a nanochip is required; the chip should be suitable for embedded or wearable use cases.
2. The chip should enable real-time detection of the content of the various components (i.e., hydrogen, methane, and carbon dioxide) in multicomponent gas, without being affected by cross-sensitivity to foreign gases.
3. A control system should be developed based on the chip. The system should feature remote monitoring, analysis of leakage data, and convenient data communication with third-party platforms through various interfaces. It should also offer functions including data analysis, data management, and data prediction.
|1. The sensors can detect the real-time data about hydrogen, methane and carbon dioxide without suffering the cross-sensitivity of other mixtures (Suitable for hydrogen, natural gas pipeline network, natural gas mixed with hydrogen transmission, carbon capture and other occasions)
2. Two specifications: Trace detection type to detect the leakage and Component detection type to detect the composition of the gas mixture
3. Sensor size: ≤1mm
4. Response time to detect hydrogen: T90 ≤5 seconds
5. Accuracy to detect hydrogen: ≤±0.2%F.S
6. Repeatability to detect hydrogen: ≤±1%
7. The measurement accuracy and repeatability of other gas components are not lower than that of hydrogen detection
8. Cloud data platform beta, can connect with chip data, remote monitoring, data analysis functions.
|8||Changzhou Huazhong Biotechnology Co., Ltd.||R&D of AI-assisted diagnostic software||RMB 1,400,000||Along with the rapid development of artificial intelligence over recent years, AI applications in the medical field have become a trending research topic for governments and businesses worldwide. In the area of medical-assisted diagnostic systems, in particular, the application of AI technology has yielded remarkable results and is considered a crucial trend for the future of healthcare.
An AI-assisted diagnostic system refers to a novel system that utilizes advanced artificial intelligence technology to analyze and process medical examinations and data, thereby providing doctors with diagnostic assistance. Such a system comprehensively analyzes the results of medical examinations and medical images and offers predictions, inferences, and decision recommendations to enable more accurate disease diagnoses, improve healthcare quality, and reduce labor costs.
Product Features: 1. Able to import X-ray images, CT scans, and MRI images.
2. Able to convert the slice data of input images into 3D models.
3. Automatic segmentation of different body parts with distinct color coding.
4. Parts of the software should remain independent of each other, enabling separate measurement, rotation, cutting, replacement and so on.
5. Can accurately identify the lesion’s type, such as fractures, spinal diseases, joint diseases, motor system injuries, bone tumors, etc.
6. Able to confirm the placement, size and severity of the lesions.
7. Able to distinguish skeletal or ligament lesions.
8. Allow users to select implants for repairing affected areas.
9. Automatic selection of surgical plans, with the type, quantity, and location of the implant displayed in 3D models.
|1. This product can process data in DICOM format.
2. The maximum concurrency of this product is 500 users.
3. The CT and MRI images can be reconstructed as 3D models automatically or manually; the 3D models reconstructed can be post-processed.
4. Training with deep learning, machine learning, pattern recognition and neural network technology, and combined with huge amounts of data in the server, can allow AI model determines lesions（for example: fractures, spinal diseases, joint diseases, motor system injuries, bone tumors, etc.）accurately and diagnoses condition.
5. AI model has stronger robustness, can pass the nominal performance evaluation, disturbance evaluation and adversarial attack evaluation.
6. Can manually determine the simulation surgery program, or by learning cases that exist in the current database, AI can automatically provide the simulation surgery program.
7. Single concurrent case, the loading time that convert the two-dimensional slice data into a 3D model < 10 s
8. Single concurrent case, lesions identified time-consuming < 10 s
9. Maximum concurrent cases, the loading time that convert the two-dimensional slice data into a 3D model <20s
10. Maximum concurrent cases, lesions identified time-consuming < 20 s
11. Accuracy rate of lesion recognized > 90%
|Organization profile and R&D overview||
|Solution||(The solution should correspond to the technological demands and key technological indicators specified in the List; additional pages may be attached)|
|Further matters that need to be addressed|
Legal Representative or Authorized Agent: (signature)